Pipe can record the screen on Chrome 72+, Firefox 66+, and Edge 79+ when using the Desktop Recording Client.
When screen recording is enabled, the Desktop Recording Client will show a [Record Screen] button on the initial screen.
In the example below, screen recording, recording from the webcam and uploading existing files are alll enabled:
When clicking [Record Screen], depending on the browser you are using, you will be able to record the following:
- On Chrome you can record the entire screen, an application window, or a Chrome tab.
- On Firefox you can record the entire screen or an application window.
- On Edge you can record the entire screen, an application window, or an Edge tab.
Depending on your needs, you can record the screen combined with audio from a microphone at the same time OR you can just record the screen.
On Chrome 74+ and Edge 79+ you can now record the screen together with the system sounds.
How to Enable It
From the UI
You can easily enable screen recording in your Desktop Recording Client when generating a new embed code from the Embed section of your Account Dashboard:
- Sign in to your Pipe Account Dashboard at https://dashboard.addpipe.com
- Go to the Embed Recorder page
- On the left side, in the Options panel, select Screen in the Recorder Type drop-down
- Click the green Generate Embed Codes button
- Copy and paste the newly generated code into your website
Embed Code v2.0 via HTML
pipe-srec="1" attribute to the
srec:1 Your custom object will be passed as a parameter to
Embed Code v1.0
srec property to the
flashvars object and set it to
1 like so:
- On Chrome recording a tab will throw the error Device error: no audio or video data if no activity is registered in the captured tab (no mouse movements, no scrolling etc).
- On Firefox recording certain application windows, i.e. a Chrome window, will result in black-screen videos. The audio will be recorded as expected.